Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Knitting Content

I have actual knitting content today. Can you believe it??? And two are finished objects to boot!
The first item is my multi-directional scarf. I first became aware of this pattern when I met Tasha for the first time. She was knitting one at a meetup and I remember thinking ...wow that would be hard, it is all short rows. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished it, especially since I was able to complete it in a weekend. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden. I have to say I am not that impressed with the yarn...the colors yes, they are amazing. But the yarn itself is scratchy. So I put it with my denim jacket, up under the collar and just let it be an accessory. Good thing I live in Texas where warmth isn't usually an issue.

My next finished object was Smoda's blanket. He was so excited when I finished it. While it was fairly mindless knitting, I have to say the weaving of the ends almost did me in. Smoda has enjoyed wagging it around the house and I try not to cringe too much when he ties it around his neck for a "jedi mission". I am glad he loves it...but gently please.
Now for an object that is in progress. I am making the Nina Shawl from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I fell in love with the colors and so had to do one exactly like in the book. I wish I had searched around Ravelry and read some comments before I bought my yarn and began the project. The consensus is the shawl is short and most people have added rows. I agree that it is too short, unfortunately, I had purchased my yarn and couldn't find more to make it longer. It fits and for a summer shawl, I guess I truly don't want it to wrap around...just cover my shoulders. I am almost finished, lack one more color strip and then the black ruffles on the ends.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Julie your Nina Shawl is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in real life.